What Things Can Damage Artificial Grass In Coronado?
Artificial grass is a great way to have a beautiful lawn without all the hassle of natural grass. However, there are a few things that can damage your artificial turf and cause it to lose its luster. Here are 7 things that can damage your artificial grass:
- Too much exposure to direct sunlight can cause the blades of grass to fade in color. It can also cause the turf to become brittle and dry, which makes it more susceptible to tearing and damage.
- Rain and snow can saturate the ground beneath the artificial turf, causing the turf to sink or become matted down. This can also lead to mold or mildew growth on the turf.
- Pets can be tough on artificial turf. Their nails can snag and tear the grass, and their waste can discolor and damage the turf.
- Sharp objects can puncture or tear the artificial grass blades, causing permanent damage.
- Chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides can damage artificial turf. They can cause the blades of grass to yellow or brown, and they can also kill thegrass altogether.
- Extreme heat can cause the artificial turf to melt or distort in shape. It can also make the turf more susceptible to tearing and damage.
- Too much foot traffic can compact the soil beneath the artificial turf, causing it to sink or become matted down. It can also cause the blades of grass to bend and flatten over time.
What Should You Not Put On Artificial Grass?
There are a few things that you should avoid putting on artificial grass, as they can damage the turf. These include: chemicals, sharp objects, extreme heat, and too much foot traffic.
Can Heavy Objects Damage Artificial Grass?
Yes, heavy objects can damage artificial grass. They can cause the blades of grass to bend and flatten, and they can also compact the soil beneath the turf, causing it to sink or become matted down.
What Will Stain Artificial Grass?
There are a few things that can stain artificial grass, including: pet waste, chemicals, and dirt. If you have anything on your artificial turf that you’re worried will stain it, be sure to clean it up as soon as possible.
It is important to be aware of the things that can damage your artificial grass, as some of them can cause permanent damage. Be sure to avoid exposure to direct sunlight, rain and snow, pets, sharp objects, chemicals, extreme heat, and too much foot traffic. If you take care of your artificial turf, it will last for many years to come. For more information, contact Artificial Turf Coronado at (619) 486-3223.