What Are Top Things To Know Before You Buy Artificial Turf For Dogs And Pets In Coronado?
Artificial grass doesn’t come without its share of risks. Here are five things to consider before you buy artificial turf for your dogs and pets.
- Installing artificial turf is a lot more complicated than simply rolling out a piece of sod or laying down some mulch in the backyard. It requires specialised tools and knowledge to make sure it’s installed properly and will last for years, so be sure to hire a professional with experience installing artificial turf if needed.
- Poor drainage can lead to waterlogged turf, which can cause mud and other debris to accumulate on the surface, potentially leading to bacterial growth that could harm your pet’s health. Make sure you install an artificial grass system that has good drainage to prevent this.
- Artificial turf requires regular maintenance, including cleaning and brushing the area, to ensure it remains in good condition. In addition to this, you’ll need to use specialised products that are designed for artificial turf in order to protect it from UV rays and other environmental conditions.
- Artificial grass can be a hazard if not installed properly or maintained regularly, so make sure you inspect the area on a regular basis for any signs of wear or damage that could harm your pet’s paws and skin. Also look out for objects such as sticks or stones that may have become buried underneath the turf over time.
- Installing artificial turf will require an upfront investment, but the long-term savings are worth it. Artificial turf typically lasts up to 15 years and eliminates the need for costly fertiliser, weed killers, and other maintenance products that you would normally have to purchase for natural grass.
What Type Of Artificial Grass Is Best For Dogs?
The best type of artificial grass for dogs is one that is specifically designed for pets. These types of turf have a layer of cushioning below the surface to help protect your pet’s paws from the heat and cold. They also often have an antimicrobial layer to prevent bacterial growth that could harm your pet’s health.
How Long Does Artificial Turf Last?
Artificial turf typically lasts up to 15 years with proper maintenance and installation. If installed correctly and maintained regularly, it can last even longer than this.
Does Dog Pee Ruin Artificial Turf?
Dog pee can damage artificial turf if not cleaned up immediately, but there are specialised products that can be used to contain the odour and protect your turf from any long-term damage. It’s important to regularly clean up after your pet to maintain the quality of your artificial turf.
It is important to consider all of the factors mentioned above when deciding whether or not artificial turf is right for your pet. If you do decide to go with artificial turf, make sure you hire a professional with experience installing it and purchase specialised products designed specifically for artificial turf. For more information, contact Artificial Turf Coronado at (619) 486-3223.